8th March - International Women Day Seminar 2019
"Better for Balance - Peace for Progress", WISE organized a public seminar in the first half of the day in connection with International Women Day. A big number of working class women participated.
8 MARCH: On the occasion of International Women Day, We invited some inspiring women from different sectors to share their struggle stories. WISE celebrated and acknowledged their achievements by giving away encouragement awards to the following inspiring women and girls.
- Anam Amin, Allrounder, Pakistan National Women Cricket Team
- Sahib-e-Asra, fastest female runner of Pakistan
- Tayyaba Tariq, the young motorbike girl
- Risham Waseem, a young filmmaker (Maati TV)
- Amna Sheikh, banker (fighting a legal battle for her workplace rights)
- Saeeda Jabeen, a working woman and Careem Captain
- Rani Shamim, a working woman and social activist