Strengthening women political leadership in Local Governance System
Donor: Small Grant Ambassador’s Fund Program (NRSP/ SGAFP)
Start & end date: June 2016- May 2017
Location: Lahore & Nankana Sahib
- Coverage of Training: 636 elected women (492 from Lahore & 144 from Nankana Sahib) from all tiers; Metropolitan Corporation, district council, municipal committees and union councils of districts of Lahore and Nakana Sahib got training on Local Governance and Women Rights.
- Local Government Women Caucus: A 30-Member Caucus of Women Councilors was evolved to sustain women political empowerment.
- Situational Analysis of Women in Local Government: Under the Project, WISE published two Analytical Reports for Lahore and Nakana Sahib, comprising analysis and comparison of different trends like age group, marital status, qualification, occupation, Sources of income, interests, political parties affiliation, elected 1st time or 2nd time. Second part of the reports is based on Responses/Quotes from elected women councilors regarding their political experience, expectation, achievements, aspirations and their future plans etc. The last part of the reports is based on brief profile of elected women representatives.
- Development of Training Manual: After Training Need Assessment of 100 women councilors (15% of targeted beneficiaries) a comprehensive Training Manual was developed based on the TNA findings.
- Documentary based on project interventions and its outcomes is produced.