Women Political Participation
WISE believes that women political empowerment leads to their social and economic uplift. Under its initiative of Women Political Participation, WISE is struggling for women’s enough representation at all political levels. The main focus of the initiative to urge the Government to conduct Local Government Elections and enhanced women representation in district government system. In collaboration with Rural Development Policy Institute, through seminars and press conferences, WISE has successfully highlighted the issue of Local governance.
- Women NIC and Voters campaign District Nankana Sahib
- Local Governance System in Punjab
- Strengthening Women Political Leadership in Local Government System Punjab 2016-17
- Press Conference on Punjab Local Government Law, Elections and Afterwards in Press Club Lahore (December 27, 2013)
- Parliamentarian Forum on Local Government Act 2013 in Lahore (October 07, 2013)
- Seminar on Comparative Analysis of Local Government Legislation in Punjab in Lahore (March 30, 2013)
- Book Launch “Bridging Development Deficit through Democratic Decentralization: Post 18th Amendment for Local Governance in Pakistan” in Lahore (February 20, 2013)
- Civil Society Consultation on Representative Local Governance & Punjab Local Government Bill 2012 in Lahore (November 15, 2012)
- Concept note: "Bridging Development through Democratic Decentralization"